What is Unperm in Diablo 2?
By “Unperm” items we mean Duped d2 items. These are d2 items that were duplicated by individuals and when the copies of these items “meet” each other in a game , they both disappear. Also We want to make it clear that we, D2VDM.com , DO NOT dupe any diablo items that we sell. However some of the items we carry are found, bought or traded from other players. Therefore we mark all these possibly duped d2 items with “UNPERM” . Although the duped d2 items have a very high chance to disappear, there is a Temporary Perm Method that can prevent these items from disappearing.
You have to perform this perm method in EVERY D2 GAME you join or create to ensure that your diablo 2 items will not dissapear.
Step by step perm method
1) When you have unperm d2 items, uncluding d2 runes and d2 runewords, and you want to leave the current game, open a trade window with ANY random player in this game ( If you have a hard time getting someone to open a trade window with you, just say something to grab their attention such as: “Free items here, first to come will get them all” )
2) Once you have opened the trade window you have to close it right away ( usually hitting “space” or “esc” )
3) After that you Save + Exit immediately after closing your trade window , before someone else joins or leaves the game.
Things to remember
* In case anyone else joins or leaves the game before you leave , start everything again from step 1)
* Remember to make sure you have the trade window up before canceling it and then exiting game.
* This Temp Perm Method should be performed in every d2 game you create or join in order to save your items from disappearing.
* If you put d2 runes and d2 jewels in a socketed legit item, then this will prevent these d2 items from dissapearing and you don’t have to use the d2 items perm method anymore for these items.
*** Disclaimer: D2VDM.com does not take responsibility for any unpermed item(s) you have bought or lost. This page is provided for information use only. Use at your own risk.